Sunday, May 10, 2009

Disney Trip - Day 4

Disney Trip - Day 4


Happy Mother’s Day! Since it took me so long to become a mom this was a special day. Last year I was pregnant and that was a relief compared to previous years, but to have my little guy alive and healthy in my arms on this day is the best thing ever. Celebrating at Disney isn’t half bad either! We started the day with a breakfast where I got cards from Colin and Shelby and a pretty silver mommy heart necklace from my in laws. After that is was off to Animal Kingdom. We got there right as it opened and Shelby and I left Colin with the family and ran straight to the roller coaster before the line got too long. It was an OK coaster and we hit a few more “big kid” rides before meeting back up with the family. Once we all got back together we climbed in the Jeep safari tour through the wild to see the animals. Colin and Dawson fell asleep almost instantly and missed most of the animals but good nap time is never a bad thing! We got to see rhinos, giraffes and elephants up close. The baby elephants were so cute. There were these funny deer things that were standing up tall on their hind legs to climb the tree and eat. About lunch time it was HOT and we went to Rainforest Café for lunch. The boys were too tired to fully appreciate it and get into the animals and rainstorms, bummer. When we got back to the room I tried to nap but it didn’t work out and then Shelby surprised me with a mother’s day massage from the resort. I got about 15 minutes notice that I was scheduled for an hour long massage and hurried over there to enjoy! That night we hit Epcot for dinner and the laser and fireworks show. We ate in Germany and discovered these yummy mini pretzel rolls that we really hope to find more of in Germany. We asked the waitress, who was from Germany, and she said some places have them…SWEET! We made it out just in time to catch the laser show which was great. Since Shelby and I sampled a good bit of German beer and wine during dinner we passed Colin off to the grandparents for the night so we could have some down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment