Saturday, November 7, 2009

Soccer Game


Tonight I went to my first soccer game. I've known that soccer is a really big deal here because I've seen how packed the bar gets for games. The larger city near the base here is called Kaiserslautern and they have their own team. Shelby has been to one game before without me and had a lot of fun, he insisted I come along for this game. You often see cars with stickers on them supporting the team and people wearing clothing with the team logo on it as well. Even though it's like a farm league team the people here still love them.



The game was a lot of fun and the people go crazy! They pretty much sing and jump and clap and cheer the entire game. They have lots of chants and songs that the whole crowd knows and gets into. I have to learn the words...it annoyed me to not know them! I took a bunch of videos to show just how into it the crowd gets.



Here they missed a goal..


And here they scored, watch all the flags waving at the end of the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment