Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Warning!

It seemed like it would never get here, but it is finally time for me to student teach! I haven't been in the classroom since Nov 2007 when I resigned to start IVF treatments. I am excited for the opportunity, but mostly I'm excited because it means I am 16 weeks away from graduation! Thank God! I am working in the elementary school on base in a multi age classroom. I will be teaching 1st & 2nd graders in a combined classroom. The school has several 1st and several 2nd grade classes and they also have a few combined classrooms, where both 1st and 2nd grade students work together. I think it will be an interesting experience. Basically, I am a full time volunteer since I don't get paid for any of this internship. I have to work teachers hours and do the teachers job, I just dont get the teachers paycheck with it. In fact...I actually have to pay a boat load of money in tuition to do all this, not to mention full time child care for Colin. LOL Sounds a little nuts when I put it that way, but what can you do? In addition to doing the teacher's job I also have a classroom component to my internship where I have to discuss my experiences with other interns, read textbooks, keep my portfolio up to date, write stupid research papers (weekly I might add...curriculum developing jerks!), and do other work for my class on a weekly basis.

So consider this your warning that I may not be the best blogger over the next couple of months. I will try to keep things up to date, but keeping my sanity is more important :) Hopefully the next 16 weeks FLIES by and I can get back to my nice normal life that doesnt require me to set the alarm clock.

2 comments:

  1. They have a thing called a play pen now, before Child Services pays you a visit, I suggest you find one !!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a little thing called a playpen now, before Child Services pays you a visit I suggest you get one !!!! lol

    ReplyDelete