Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin Carving

It was finally time to carve pumpkins this morning. Colin was very excited about cleaning them out and helping get them ready. We did all the gutting last night and roasted some seeds, then left the pumpkin carving for this morning. Colin loved pulling all the guts out and even had a little fun throwing it all back in there when we weren't looking. Carving the pumpkins was a challenge. Shelby picked a cat for his pumpkin because he wanted to to a figure or person that Colin would recognize. His cat turned out really good, but he did use a template and got to work almost totally uninterrupted. I, on the other hand, attempted to carve free hand with a two year old in my lap. If you've ever attempted pumpkin carving with a wiggly, excited toddler in your lap you know about how well it went! We are in the midst of potty training and Colin seems to do best when he runs around with no pants on. So, not only was I concerned about Colin being injured with the knife, I was also worried I would get peed on! Our pumpkin turned out pretty good despite a wiggle butt with grabby hands helping out. I should have given my pumpkin a sick face though, as he suffered a few stab wounds to the backside courtesy of Colin. Colin had a little safe cutter and was very eager to punch holes in the pumpkin once he saw that was what everyone else was doing. I think my goofy jack-o-lantern is going to make it though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment