Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 33 Heading Home

This morning we woke up to rain again, welcome to Germany! After so long with no rain and seeing how dry and burned up Italy looked I don’t mind the rain at all. Give me a week or two of solid rain every day and I might tell you differently though, lol! We packed up, headed down to the breakfast area and ate a typical German breakfast of sliced meat, cheese and bread. I do slightly miss the honey filled croissants from Italy. Shelby was smart enough to check and see if Freiburg had a Starbucks, the thought hadn’t even occurred to me because I didn’t think it was that big of a place, and sure enough…score! Not only were we disappointed that we paid 16 CHF (about 20 USD) for two coffees yesterday in Switzerland, we were bummed we could have had Starbucks twice yesterday and gone to the one in Freiburg that evening when we arrived! Oh well. The GPS decided to take us the very scenic route for some reason today and we ended up driving out of Germany, through France a ways and then back into Germany. It wasn’t that far out of the way, since our house is very close to France anyway, but it was not the way either of us were expecting to go. It was pretty and scenic though. Coming home was actually nice! Usually you go on vacation for a week or so and you aren't ready to come home and go back to work when the week is over. When you go on vacation for a whole month though you are a little eager to get back to a regular routine, sleep in your own bed, and be in your house. I was actually a little excited about cleaning up my kitchen that afternoon when I got home! LOL That won't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment