Monday, December 16, 2013

Almost Ready for Baby!

Since I am pretty much out of time now I've been forced to work in the baby's room and get things organized and set up. I spent most of Sunday and Monday in the room getting things ready. It is about 80% done now and only a few final things are needed to be completely ready.

The dresser in the picture is borrowed from the base, we have one ordered that matches the furniture but it is still on the boat, which has been delayed twice now, and is not supposed to arrive until after I leave for Germany. So I decided to borrow one for organization purposes and that way we can put away clothes and blankets now, then whenever we get the purchased dresser and have time to put it together we can swap it out.  The room is also very small and narrow, but really how big of a room does a baby need to sleep in anyway? We thought it was silly to waste the larger extra bedroom for the baby since he doesn't need the space to play in the room. 

I may or may not leave the rocking chair in the room, not sure yet. I love the monkey decals!


The crib and bedding set. Colin got to pick out the theme for the baby's room and decided how it should be decorated. He did a great job, I love it!


The changing table area. I need a few more storage cubes to hide the mess on the shelves, then we are good to go. This wall also needs repainted to cover some patched holes from the shelving we had up on the walls before it became the nursery. 


There isn't a closet in this room so I turned an old bookshelf into a small closet with some tension rods. Thanks Pinterest!



No comments:

Post a Comment