Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mother Son Dance


When I saw the Mother Son Dance advertised way back when I asked Colin if he would like to go. He asked what it was and I told him it was like the ball that Mommy and Daddy had recently gone to. I told him we get dressed up and go eat and dance together, just moms and sons. He got excited about that part and told me he wanted to go but he wanted to wear a bow tie. Then he paused and thought for a minute and then told me would that be ok if he wore a bow tie because bow ties are for people who are getting married, and he can't marry his mom. I told him it was ok to wear a bow tie if he wanted to and that we could pick his outfit out together online. Which we did. He sat down with me and we shopped Amazon for the suit that suited him and he chose a black and red vest set with a tie. He was very excited about it.



At the dance he had so much fun dancing with the other kids. I love how they all have seen the videos for their favorite songs and know the dances to them. They all danced just like the video for "What does the fox say," "Gangnam Style" and Katy Perry's "Roar." It was hilarious. He was too cute on the slow songs dancing with me. It was so fun and by the end of the night he was so exhausted he couldn't dance anymore, but he refused to leave. So he sat on my lap and watched the others dancing.  Here are some pictures of him dancing and a video too.






No comments:

Post a Comment