Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

One neat thing about this island is that lots of things are still handmade. When I realized I was going to need an Easter basket for Caleb I went to "The Basket Man" and showed him Colin's Easter basket and told him I wanted him to make me one just like it. He took some measurements and gave me a price and told me to come back in two weeks. Here are the two baskets I had him make, how awesome is it that Caleb's Easter basket will last forever (these things are sturdy!) and will always be a reminder of his brief little time on this island?

After the kids went to bed I got the baskets all ready. We don't do a lot of candy in our house so the kids each get a toy, a book and a few pieces of candy from the Easter Bunny. 


Here is Colin diving into his basket and checking everything out.


He was mighty impressed with the chicken that "farted" gumball eggs. You will see in the video!



After feeding Caleb it was time to go outside and hunt eggs!





Cooper helped of course.



We finished off the afternoon with dinner at our friends' house. The weather cooperated and it was a very happy Easter. 


Here is the video of Colin and Caleb with their Easter baskets:

No comments:

Post a Comment