Saturday, August 8, 2015

What Is This Blinding Light?

Could it be THE SUN?! No, I don't believe it, it's actually SUNNY! Shelby took Colin to karate and I dashed around the house getting everything ready for the beach as fast as humanly possible, before mother nature had the chance to change her mind and make it rain again. I got myself dressed and then Caleb ready and then went to the garage to get some ice for the cooler and the beach stuff gathered. When I came back inside a few minutes later I discovered this..

 Apparently he is now strong and tall enough to open Colin's art drawer in the living room cabinet and remove markers. What a milestone!
Look Mom! I'm a natural Picasso!

Wait, why don't you look as happy about this as I am? 

I better turn on the charm before I get sent to time out!

I couldn't even make him clean it up as punishment because as soon as he saw the wash rag come out his eyes got all wide with excitement that I was going to let him clean something. I had to wash the couch off myself. Since I had already done his sunscreen I just left the marker on his skin alone, no sense in washing it off and having to hold him down to reapply sunscreen again...that is only punishment for mama. So yes, he went to the beach with blue marker all over his body.

We tried out a new beach today called Gun Beach. I'm assuming this is how it got its name...
Nestled right up in the side of the mountain is an old WWII gun.

The water was so clear and the snorkeling out from here and around the side of this mountain sticking out is supposed to be great.

The waves were huge today though and the water way too rough to swim out more than a few feet from shore. Riptides are very bad here and many people die each year from being sucked out. Looking around the beach today you didn't see many locals in the water at all, only tourists, which is a pretty good sign that you should stick close to the shore and be aware of your surroundings.

 The pictures don't do the waves justice at all, some had to be at least 10 feet tall!


 The big waves would crash on the reef farther out and then make choppy little waves that would crash into the beach and shoreline. It was fun for the kids because most beaches here don't have waves because the reef blocks them from washing all the way in, they got to jump the waves and play in them some today.


No comments:

Post a Comment