Thursday, May 6, 2010

By the way...

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY DONE WITH MY BACHELORS AND GRADUATED!!! I finished classes on the 25th of April, completed my student teaching internship on April 30th, got word that my portfolio (remember all the stupid papers and rationales?) passed (with a 4 out of 4 by the way...I'm just that good!) this week and now I am just waiting on the diploma to show up in the mail :) I've already been hired by DoDEA as a substitute at the same school where I did my student teaching. I am now going through the process of getting all my background check, fingerprints, medical clearance anad all that crap done. Anytime you get hired by the federal government it's a pain in the butt. I'm also done with Chili's since I cannot be employed by another agency when I am processed as a hire for DoDEA. So that means I'm also doing more paperwork and steps to be done with them...leaving a federal job is also a royal pain in the butt. I'm researching the paths to certification over here since being in Germany and working for the government is a little different than graduating and getting licensed in a state like if I lived in the US. I'm hoping to get a concrete answer soon on what I need to do and which licensing exam(s) I need to take so I can register for those and start studying. I would like to be available to take a certified position this fall should I be lucky enough for one to open up and it be offered to me. At times I felt like I would never be done, now it's finally over!

No comments:

Post a Comment