Saturday, May 1, 2010

Karlsruhe Zoo

Karlsruhe Zoo


Saturday we headed over to Karlsruhe, a little over an hour from here to check out the zoo there. The zoos here can really be hit and miss, we had heard this one was very nice and I will be going there on a field trip at the end of this month with my class. I thought we could go check it out ahead of time with Colin. Not to mention I have been promising Colin for weeks I would take him to the zoo and show him a proper elephant. You see, his room is done in a jungle theme and there are elephants all over. However, all those elephants are blue! Yes, I said BLUE! He has an elephant face cut-out on his wall and the elephant is blue. He has a stuffed elephant on a shelf...blue, elephant shaped book about elephants...blue, elephant by his lamp...blue! I had to go all over his room to find something with a grey elephant on it and the whole time I am explaining to him that this is an elephant but elephants are not blue. So anyway...I've been promising to take Colin to the zoo and show him that elephants are in fact grey.

We had a fantastic time at the zoo, the rain held off for us and we saw all kinds of animals. It was one of the nicer zoos we've been to in Germany and the grounds also have a big garden which was gorgeous as well. Colin had a ball riding around in his wagon and running all over the place. He learned how to say all kinds of new animal words. He now knows elephant, camel, monkey (which he always ends up sounding like mommy when he says it and I have to remind him mommy is NOT a monkey!), hippo (which is probably the cutest thing he says), bear, bird, and I can't remember what all else.
Here are some videos of him saying his new words



No comments:

Post a Comment