Monday, August 23, 2010

A few more gifts

Colin got a few extra birthday surprises over the weekend. We had been watching for a swing set for a while on the local yard sale website but hadn't found anything we were looking for. The BX sells them new for $900 but I said forget that! It better cook meals and come with a built in babysitter for that kind of cash. Well just days before Colin's birthday the same one the BX sells popped up on the yard sale site for half price. Now to be perfectly honest, I still thought it was a little too much money and it was spoiling the kid just a tad. There is community playground just a short walk from our house that Colin can play on. Granted it doesn't have swings and it isn't great, but it's free! Shelby really, really wanted this for Colin. He was high on the "super savings score" rush and couldn't pass the deal up. There was no talking him out of this one. You know that feeling you get when you score that $200 pair of shoes for $60? Usually when I snag a deal like that and I come home all excited he promptly bursts my bubble. He loves to tell me I didn't save anything, I just wasted $60 because I already have 15 pair of shoes and clearly didn't need another pair. No matter how much I try to reason with him that stupid Y chromosome prevents him from recognizing my amazing shopping talents. I guess after 9 years of marriage my skills have rubbed off on him a little. So my super spoiled little boy now has a pretty sweet playground in the backyard. He loves it!
Helping Daddy put it together


All done!


Testing it out


Today Colin got another present in the mail from my parents. It got delayed in shipping and didn't make it in time for his brithday Friday. Colin was excited to have another package to open today though. He got a viewmaster with a set of dinosaur slides and a set of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse slides. He was pretty funny tying to figure out how to use it. I kept telling him to look inside it but he'd turn it around and try to look through the wrong parts. Then he'd hold it to his eyes right but close his eyes instead of looking into it. His face was hilarious when he finally got it right and realized there was a picture in there. He was holding it to his face and pointing across the room telling me "Mouse! Mommy Mouse!" He didn't realize only he could see Mickey and was trying to tell me to look too. It was too cute.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome swing set!! Tyler is super jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete