Thursday, November 25, 2010

Snow fun


Of course Colin had to try out his new snowsuit today. It has been hanging in his closet for a month just waiting for this day. I'd been procrastinating on the snow boots though and thankfully I finally made it down to the shoe store last week to get him some new sneakers and a pair of snow boots. Just in time!

I spent most of the morning in the kitchen getting stuff ready to go in the oven and keeping the constant rotation of food in the oven moving. I'd cook something then put it in a big cooler too keep it warm while something else cooked. Eventually everything was in the cooler and cooked and then I cycled some of it back through to make sure it was good and hot before serving. I fully intended to get out in the snow and photograph the apples still hanging in the tree, topped with snowcaps. It was beautiful. I attempted mega zoom from the house but wasn't happy with this one...

I saw the snow was starting to melt and fall off the trees some so I asked Shelby to take a couple pictures for me in case I didn't make it out there (or at all, which ended up being the case) and got this...

Anyway, it was very pretty to see the last few red apples still in the tree all covered in fresh snow.

Shelby got to hang out outside a bit with Colin while he and our guest Grady got the turkey fryer all set up and the oil hot and ready. They attempted to make a snowman, but Colin wasn't too into it. The snow was very wet so it easily rolled up off the grass, too bad Colin didn't want to finish!



The snow fell off and on throughout the day and it was awesome. Being a Florida girl I never quite understood the lyrics to Over the River and Through the Woods, you know, the part about "The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh
through the white and drifted snow." I guess snow on Thanksgiving really is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment