Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thaaaaaat's Elmooooooo's Sooooooooong!

I made the mistake of putting some "Colin Music" on my mp3 player for car rides. I got a Sesame Street collection with some Elmo and Cookie Monster songs he would know and also this song called Sticks and Stones from the How to Train Your Dragon movie, one of his alltime favorites.

It is not a typical kid movie type song, so I am surprised he loves it so much...but he does. He begs for it over and over and over in the car.

Today on our car ride it was all about Elmo. I no more started the engine when he asked for it, and the second he finished belting out the last note he demanded I start it again. Today I totally regret choosing to live so far away from the damn base. I also totally regret putting kid music on my mp3 player. My car rides were so much more enjoyable when he didn't know there was anything better than "Mommy music" out there. He was singing his little heart out today and I couldn't help but laugh. I also couldn't help but record it. As cute as it sounds now, just imagine it on repeat for 30 solid minutes. Any idea just how many times you can listen to Elmo's Song during a 30 minute car ride? 17 to be exact.




Yep, he's totally picking his nose while singing in the last video...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment