Monday, November 7, 2011

"Mommy, my tummy hurts!"

I had been upstairs putting some laundry away and Colin was downstairs watching TV. I finish up, come downstairs and he's still on the couch, so I head to the kitchen to start setting up the ingredients for us to bake pumpkin pies. Shortly after that Colin comes into the kitchen and says "Mommy my tummy hurts." I replied, "why does your tummy hurt?" He tells me, "the gummies make my stomach hurt." I said "WHAT gummies?" He answers, "the gummies in the couch." I go to the couch to investigate and discover that he had stolen the bag of gummi bears we keep around as treats for him and helped himself. It was a quart sized ziplock bag that was half full of gummi bears, and now there were maybe 20 bears left in the bottom of the bag. I hold up the bag and say "Oh my God did you eat ALL these gummi bears???" He, knowing he's in trouble, says "the gummi bears hurt my tummy." I told him yep, I bet they were hurting his tummy, and they were probably going to hurt it worse and maybe even make him throw up. I can't believe he didn't get sick, I don't know where in the world the kid even put all those bears in his belly. Note to self...put gummi bears up higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment