Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year Shelby had to work on Thanksgiving. He claims this is the first Thanksgiving he's had to work in all 12 years in the Air Force...how he managed that one I have no idea. I was all set to send him off to work and then head over to a friend's house for dinner so I didn't have to cook or clean anything. Shelby decided it would be nice if we did Thanksgiving in the tower and Colin and I came up and we are there together. Colin was over the moon excited to be going to work with Daddy and the thought of eating Thanksgiving there and watching movies had him so wound up he could hardly be contained this morning. I cooked all morning and had a big cooler ready to put all the hot food in to keep it warm when I took it to the tower. Colin asked me what it was for and I told him to take food to the tower and he wasted no time gathering food like a squirrel. He filled it full of Thanksgiving necessities like Goldfish crackers, string cheese, Girl Scout cookies and God knows what else. Then he packed some clementines and a plum in his lunchbox and said the picnic was ready to go.

We got to the tower and he was thrilled to be there and into everything. He had a blast though and it was probably the highlight of his week to go and hang out at work with Dad all day. We did watch movies and hung out and ate a lot. Colin had a hold of my camera several times throughout the day, so I figured I'd just let him document our Thanksgiving at the tower this year. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment