Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shelby's promotion ceremony was today and Colin and I went to help punch on his stripes. Colin was so excited to see his Daddy and even more excited that he got to hit him in front of the audience. He sat very patiently waiting until the end of the promotion ceremony for the Master Sergeants to be called. When they called the first Master and Colin heard the rank he got excited and thought it was going to be Shelby. I had to hold him back in the aisle so he didn't run up there thinking it was Shelby. I handed my camera off to a Master Sergeant that was sitting in front of us and asked her to take pictures of us punching on his stripes. I figured with her being a Master already she knew how important and what a big deal it was. I guess I was wrong, she did take a picture, but she didn't make an effort to get up out of her chair and come to the front to snap the picture (which was HIGHLY encouraged by the officiating people), so all I got was one bad picture and you can't really even see Colin and I behind the professional photog that was taking the official pictures. I hope the pro pic turns out good and tracks us down at Lajes. Anyway, back to the story...Shelby's name was finally called and Colin about bust with excitement. Then we got to head up on stage and punch on his stripes, along with a very good friend and coworker, Grady Black. Huge congrats to Shelby, this is an awesome accomplishment for him and a pretty big deal. We're proud of you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment