Monday, September 24, 2012

What I want to be...

The theme at Awana tonight was "What I want to be..." As in, when you grow up. I asked Colin and he told me a knight. I said "A knight?" I suggested other things like a fighter pilot, a controller like Daddy, a fireman, etc... Nope. Colin is going to be a knight and rescue princesses, so he says. So I gave up trying to change his mind and went to the Google to figure out how I was going to make him a knight for Awana in under two hours. Colin helped me look at stuff on the internet and we took an old pillow case and some duct tape to make his suit. That worked well but then he insisted he had to have a helmet. Back to Google we go and he was so excited and kept picking out helmets that had full face masks on them. I finally convinced him that a full face covering helmet was just not going to work out for Awana. He settled for a regular head covering helmet, but he did demand feathers (or fedders as he says) on it, like he had seen in one of the pictures. I was good with that. Here he is all knighted up and ready to go!

I was pleased to see a few princesses when we arrived at the church that night too, my kid isn't the only one with a wild imagination, yay! When he got inside he was given his Awana Cubbies vest, which he has been waiting for, and at that moment being a knight didn't matter at all anymore. He shoved his shield at me, stripped off his knight clothing and proudly put on his vest. I tried to explain to him that he could wear his vest OVER his knight clothing, and pointed out a few kids wearing their vests over their costumes, but no...the vest was all that mattered. Fickle young minds! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment