Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 4 Magic Kingdom

Disney Day 4
Today we finished off our Disney park pass with a final day at Magic Kingdom. Shelby's family all had to head back home tonight, so it was the boys last day together for a while. Colin still wasn't feeling that well but was hanging in there and didn't seem to slow down any. About midnight he woke us up crying that he didn't feel well and was coughing and congested so I put him in a hot steam bath with the Vicks Vapor bath to calm him some. While in the bath he just sobbed to me "Mommy I don't want to be sick anymore, I don't like being sick." That was my clue that he was feeling really miserable and I started asking him what hurt and where and he told me his ears hurt. That was all I needed to know, my kid doesn't complain he hurts and he doesn't slow down until he's seriously hurting. I called the front desk of the hotel and got the number to the closest ER and off we went. How many kids get to say they visited the Disney hospital? LOL He turned out to have an upper respiratory infection and a double ear infection. Chest x-ray was clear though, so thankfully he didn't have the pneumonia they were concerned about. That was the fastest ER trip I think we've ever had too! We got his meds and went back home to rest. Of course in true Colin fashion he woke up the next morning ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment