Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Package

Thanks Grandma!

Grandma's Easter


Colin got an Easter package from his grandma and grandpa in the mail. Grandma had told me when it arrived to just get the box started and then let Colin open and tear into it. That thoughtful granny….she had stuffed it full of presents and candy filled eggs and Easter grass! First came a handful of the grass, then another, of course it was all over the carpet now and that was fun. Then out rolled a plastic egg, I know every parent thinks this, but my kid really is a genius! He knew exactly what to do with that egg even though he hadn’t seen one before and within seconds he had it open and was shoving the marshmallows inside it into his mouth. He shoved the whole eggful of marshmallows into his mouth at once and his cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk. He grabbed another egg and crammed those marshmallows in his mouth too. Now he was on a hunt to pull the eggs out of the box and paid no mind to the other stuff inside it.

When he was full of marshmallows he started feeding them to his Daddy. I even asked if I could have one and he said no and walked right on past me and gave one to Shelby! I didn’t mind though once we realized that for some reason Colin must think they taste better if he puts them in his mouth and then feeds them to Daddy. LOL He would get one out of the egg and as he walked to Shelby to feed it to him he would stick it in his mouth real fast and then pull it out again and shove it in Shelby’s. Yea Mom is glad she wasn’t on the share list afterall. After Dad and Colin had eaten at least 10 eggs full of marshmallows I started to steal the unopened eggs and hide them as Colin was feeding Shelby. Perhaps just before bedtime was not the best time to open Grandma’s Easter package…if Colin ever does get to sleep tonight he’s liable to die of a sugar overdose in his sleep!

Aside from candy Colin’s package had a fun magnetic book with animal heads on the pages. Then there are little face part magnets (like eyes, ears, noses, etc…) that you can arrange on the pages to make animal faces. Mom decided that was a good restaurant toy and we’d put it in the dining out bag for a while. He also got a really cool book his grandma made that has all kinds of manipulatives on the pages. Things like snaps, zippers, laces, shapes, colors and other fun things for him to play and learn. His favorite page so far is the one with little pockets sewn on the page and a popsicle stick slides into each pocket. He liked putting the sticks in the pocket and taking them out again. It is a great little idea, if only I could sew and I would make one for all my friends and their babies!

Poor kiddo got more of an Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa than he’s getting from Mom and Dad! We looked at baskets and decided he was too young to understand and didn’t need any new toys…and after all he did just get a rabbit! I also decided not to dye eggs with him. After trying to paint a few times I am fairly sure that eggs would be a disaster and no way am I letting the kid near me with egg dye. I considered the crayons or stickers that you use to put on the eggs instead of dying them but I don’t think he has the coordination for that either. So perhaps a few plastic marshmallow filled eggs in the yard are the way to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment