Thursday, March 4, 2010

Family Pics

Today I got an email from the photographer that she was done editing our photos and I could pick up the disk. She shared a few of our pics that she put on her website and I was pleasantly surprised with those and eager to see the rest of them. Given the rambunctious, moody subject she was given, I think she did pretty good. I got what I wanted/needed and that was some decent pics of the family and of Colin to update the frames on the wall.
18 Month Family Pics


You can hardly tell from the pictures that we were holding him down in just about every family shot. That I had to wipe the snot from his nose in between every picture. That in the pics of him alone Shelby and I were both jumping around like monkeys trying to get his attention and make him laugh. He did laugh, lots in fact...just NEVER with his face towards the camera. He would give his mischievous little laugh as he'd run away from the camera or off the backdrop entirely. When we had to resort to buttloads of candy it was time to give it up. The photographer suggested going outside to see if we can get a few more family and individual shots. At this point I figured why not. The plan was to do indoor studio shots with us in bare feet. I didn't plan for shoes in the pics so my lovely New Balance sneakers look fabulous in the outdoor shots. I also have to mention that it was about 48 degrees outside, and despite the sun shining, the wind was whipping. It was freezing and I was in a tank top, so much for plans! LOL It was worth it, I got what I needed, it may have been pure torture for Colin but he will love pointing to new pictures of us as we walk past them every time we go up and down the stairs.

1 comment:

  1. Look how cute your family is.

    April -"Ladyinwaiting" from FT board

    ReplyDelete