Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bulbs and Buttheads

Crocus


We've finally had some nice weather and days where the temps go above freezing. Today is a perfect sunny, gorgeous day. About three days ago I came home from work and noticed a few purple flowers in the yard. Yesterday I came home and noticed there were lots of purple flowers in the yard. By this afternoon my entire front yard is a sea of little purple flowers and when I got up close to inspect them...they are crocus! I can't imagine someone throwing crocus bulbs all over an entire yard, but I can't think of any other way they got there and they are no doubt crocus flowers. Apparently we don't have grass, we have bulbs...who knew!
The bees are thrilled to have some flowers and on the sea of flowers we also have a blanket of bees. I think the only flowers out right now are in our yard and every bee in the county has come to visit. Walking around my yard all you hear is this lull of buzzing going on, very peaceful.

This morning I woke up to bright sunshine beaming in all the windows, birds outside chirping and eating and a squirrel in the plum tree out back. It looked and sounded just like spring. I wish it wasn't only February and it was safe to say it really is spring. Sadly, I know this is just a mean joke by mother nature and we'll be back to freezing in no time. I'm so ready for spring, especially after this little teaser.

The better part of our morning was spent preparing for and attempting to take family pictures for Colin's 18 month birthday. I was a photographer for many years, I knew it would be a challenge, but I seriously underestimated my darling little child. Forget the photographer, I should have hired Jesus because getting anything remotely decent was going to require a miracle. I have no idea how they turned out...the photographer, Shelby and I all get an A for effort and hopefully within a week I'll get my disk of pics to share. Toddler Colin has a mind all his own, is fiercely independent, and pretty much wants to do the opposite of what you want him to do. We probably got at least 50 pictures of him throwing a fit and another 50 with the Twizzlers we tried to bribe him with hanging out of his mouth. These should be interesting, I sure hope the photographer is highly skilled in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment