Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

Valentines Day

Colin got a Clipo Activity Table to go along with his Clipo blocks and hippo for Valentines Day. He got it a little early because he has very impatient parents who couldn't wait to see him play with it. He loves his blocks and we keep them put up so that he can't lose them or have them all the time. It's a Mommy & Daddy activity that he looks forward to doing with us. We keep them on the buffet in the living room out of his reach. He will take our hands and drag us in there and point to them and say "car". We will tell him "no, blocks". Then he sighs impatiently, still pointing and says again, "car". LOL What can I say, the kid is OBSESSED with cars right now.

Sunday morning Daddy was a little hungover from our night out so Colin and I had breakfast, opened cards and played. Colin was busting to go outside and kept trying to climb up the elliptical machine to get in the window to see outside. He likes to hang out in the window and wave to the cars and people that go by. Somehow this morning he managed to get himself stuck in between the bars on the elliptical. I kept telling him he was going to get stuck and to get down when he was climbing. He would just laugh at me and repeat "get down" and crack up lauging. OK fine then, have it your way. Soon enough he was squealing for help after he'd got himself good and stuck. Of course being the mean mommy that I am I had to photograph it before getting him out.

After that we got dressed and Dad was feeling a little better. He decided to help Colin out and get his step stool from the bathroom upstairs for Colin to use to stand in the window and look outside. Colin was pretty happy with that idea. Since all of Germany packs up and shuts down on Sunday we are pretty much limited to the BX for entertainment on Sundays. We did the usual Sunday routine of lunch and letting Colin play at the playground.

I have to work at Chili's tomorrow so it's not really a day off for me. Shelby and Colin get to stay home. I'm bummed I have to work because there is a huge parade in Mainz Germany to celebrate Fasching (what the Germans call the Mardi Gras season). There is another big parade in Ramstein on Tuesday for Fasching, but I can't go to that one either because I have to work at school. The kids get the day off but it's a teacher workday. Normally I could slide out early in time to make the 2 pm parade, but the genious planners at my school must not have an interest in Fasching because they scheduled us to be in workshops until 3:15 Tuesday afternoon. This work stuff is really messing up my fun! I just completed week 6 of classes...only 10 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment