Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Walking in a winter wonderland

Yesterday we had crazy weather. It snowed Tuesday all day and night and then Wednesday morning it POURED rain all day long. Early evening Wednesday it turned to sleet and then all of a sudden, blizzard! It came down hard for a while and it didn't take long for us to have 4+ inches on the ground. We woke up this morning to lots and lots of snow and of course, another snow day! I haven't worked at all this week because of the weather, every day I've been scheduled to sub it has turned into a snow day. I like a day off every now and again, but I'm ready to go to work! My paycheck is going to be pitiful! I had to get out of the house today so Colin and i bundled up and went out to enjoy the snow. We took our road down to the end where it turns into a dirt road leading to pastures. I brought along a couple carrots in case any of the animals were out. Sure enough we got to see a couple horses and they were pretty excited to have carrots. Colin did pretty good on the walk, it was really long for him. He was really interested in breaking through the ice to get to the mud and slush underneath on all the potholes we came across. The walk was gorgeous, I got some good pictures and Colin was sufficiently worn out when we got home...mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment