Monday, January 17, 2011

Daily Chatter

Most of the conversation between Colin and I consists of gentle reminders, followed by threats, then counting, that is countered by shrieks of protest, and last the finale of wails when warnings gone unheeded call the time out chair into play. My favorite conversations are the ones that don't involve a battle of wills. The ones where Colin spouts off something totally hysterical or heartwarming and I try not to embarrass (or sometimes encourage) him by laughing. Today there were a few good comments I thought I would share.

First one was this morning as I changed Colin's clothes. I was getting him dressed and I always put his socks on first and then his feet into his pant legs. Then I have him stand up and hug me so I can pull his pants up and zip or snap them. This morning he stood up and wrapped his arms around me and said "I luuuuuuv you!" I always tell him I love him when I hug him back after his pants are on, today he beat me to it. Couldn't have been cuter!

The next funny was this afternoon after he woke up from nap. I was vacuuming the carpet upstairs and he came into my room and ripped the vacuum cleaner hose from my hand and insisted I let him sweep. Then as I stood there watching him he demanded I go rest by shouting at me "Mommy go sit down. Now!" and pointed to the recliner chair in my room. So I went and sat down but that wasn't good enough, he came over and made the foot rest come up so that I was truly relaxing while he worked. Man I better enjoy this while it lasts, in another couple of years he won't want anything to do with a vacuum cleaner.

Finally this evening I was changing his diaper and he was laying on the changing table and he says to me all serious "shhhh Mommy, listen." So I stop changing and listen and then "phfffffffffft!" He farted and got a big smile on his face and says "Mommy hear poo poo?" Yes Colin, I heard, thank you for that you silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment