Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Saturday

Easter Saturday

Whew what a long day! I just don't get why my child insists I don't need sleep. Weekdays I have to get up at 5 and I drag him out of bed whining and fussing about 6:30 and he is so out of it when I go to wake him. On weekends however, it's a whole different story. This morning at 5:55 he was wide awake and my hopes of sleeping in had gone down the drain. After getting up and getting ready we went to a squadron Easter egg hunt/brunch. Colin had a blast, he bounced in the bouncy castle for two solid hours. He ate a little bit of breakfast goodness and a whole lot of chocolate and candy. He got the whole egg hunt thing really well this year and ran all over. He waited until he had several eggs in his basket and then decided to snack on some of the candy inside.

After the egg hunt we went to the base community center to see the Easter Bunny. I wondered how this would go because Santa was still pretty scary last year. He would inch close enough to snatch candy from Santa's hand and then take off. Well the Easter Bunny visit went pretty well despite the community center has no air conditioning and it was almost 80 degrees outside and at least 95 inside. I felt horrible for the poor person inside the costume. After an hour of standing in line we got a decent picture and then I sat in on one, since Shelby was deployed the camera man thought it would be nice. I was so glad to be out of there!

We spent the afternoon at the next door neighbor’s house so Colin could play with his friend. We ended up staying for dinner too and didn't get home until about 8:00! We still had to dye eggs and take a bath so I knew it was going to be a late night. Colin did well dying eggs, he was interested but it went fast so he didn't have time to make too big a mess. When we were done I told him we had to put them out for the Easter Bunny so he could hide them in our yard. Colin got very mad about that and told me no, the bunny could not have his pretty eggs. That eggs do not go outside! LOL At this point I just said ok and talked him into going upstairs to take a bath.

He finally went to bed about 9:30 and then I got to work making is Easter basket. I decided when I bought goodies that since he really doesn't need to be eating a ton of candy that I would buy a few sweets and then put some toys in there instead. Then Shelby went a little nuts on Amazon ordering books and movies and bubble guns. Then, I kept buying stuff every time I went into a store and saw something good. Then grandma sent some more candy and goodies. Then the babysitter sent home a big bag of chocolate stuff....and now the basket is huge, full of candy AND toys, and totally over the top. Oh well...he's too little to remember this every year and expect the same next time around.

**Side note, pollen...OMG! Horrible!!! There is a layer on everything. I washed my car last night and this morning it was totally covered in yellow again. My sidewalk looks yellow and my back patio balcony tile now has yellow grout that is filled with pollen. I definitely do not remember it being this bad last year. My eyes itch like mad all the time and Colin's nose will run if he's outside in it a lot. I can't wait for the pollen to be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment