Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break Finale

Garmisch Finale

Thursday it was still pretty cold outside but at least the rain had moved on and there were just some clouds left behind. Colin and I slept in until after 8 again...I am getting soooo used to this! When we did get up and going we decided to head to downtown Garmisch and wander around there for a while. There is a large garden park in the middle of downtown which I thought Colin would enjoy running around. He was thrilled to discover there was a stream running through the park and collected rocks until his jacket pockets couldn't hold anymore. Then he filled my jacket pockets with rocks too and insisted I hold what wouldn't fit into either of our pockets...heaven forbid we leave rocks behind! We walked around the park twice before it got pretty cold and so we headed back out to the pedestrian strip to find a place to eat lunch. Colin wanted pizza, surprise surprise, so we went to a nice Italian place for some real pizza. I was really glad I ordered a salad for me because if I'd have planned to share my pizza with Colin I would have gone hungry. He ate FOUR pieces of pizza! Big ones too, these were not skimpy pieces!

After lunch I drove over to a village nearby called Grainau. The last time we were there was last summer when Shelby's family was here to visit. We hiked to Höllentalklamm which is in Grainau. When we were there last I remembered there being tons of cows with big cow bells around their necks in the field next to the parking area and I was hoping they would be out again so Colin could see them. We didn't find any cows but we did see some sheep on our walk. Colin rode his toddler bike while I walked and we went for a good long way on one of the walking trails through the forest there. He had a ball and on the way back to my car he said "Mommy you tired?" I said "A little bit, are you tired?" His reply was "Yes, Colin reeeeeeeeal tired, Mommy." Mission accomplished son!

No comments:

Post a Comment