Friday, February 17, 2012

But I have an excuse!

I know, I missed Wordless Wednesday two weeks in a row...sorry. It's been a tad hectic around here. We've all been sick for weeks. Colin got a cold about three weeks ago and it has been hanging on pretty good. I caught it two weeks ago and this last week has been really miserable for me. Last week Colin's cough was awful so I took him to the doctor on Thursday to have him checked out. They said he just had a virus. On Tuesday morning he woke up at 5:30 AM crying his ear hurt and asking me to clean his ear and I knew he had to have an ear infection so it was back to the doctor that afternoon. Sure enough, sinus infection and an ear infection.

I was feeling like death myself the start of this week but it never felt like a sinus infection so I skipped the doctor. Tuesday morning Shelby woke up feeling really lousy too and very congested so after he took Colin to the doctor they both came home to rest and recover. Wednesday morning Shelby felt awful so he went to the ER. I had to chuckle a bit because I thought he was being a tad dramatic. I had been dealing with this awful cold and cough for a week and going to work every day (keep in mind my work entails 18 4-5 year olds!) and coming home to cook and take care of things as usual. Shelby wakes up with a bad cold and doesn't even have it 24 hours and hasn't worked since his symptoms started and went to the ER. When they sent him home with cold medicine and told him he had a cold he was ticked, and I refrained from saying "I told you so." Thursday he could barely get out of bed or open his eyes the pain and pressure was so bad. Today he went back to the doctor who determined he does have a nasty sinus infection and now he's on an antibiotic and hopefully will be on the mend. I started feeling slightly better yesterday, and today I'm feeling a little better than yesterday, so I think I'm moving in the right direction. As a result of all this sickness we haven't been doing anything fun or photo-worthy. My February photo file is virtually empty! So my apologies for the lack of updates and photos, there hasn't been anything good to share.

We have been keeping Kleenex in business this month!


Shelby's stash of meds...


The current supply for Colin and I....pitiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment