Saturday, March 10, 2012

Leprechauns and Leather

Today I taught Colin all about leprechauns and St. Patty's Day. He is big into holidays now and loves decorating for them and celebrating. I told him we had to make a leprechaun trap and then realized he doesn't know what a leprechaun is. Teacher books to the rescue...because you know I have books for every stinkin holiday and so I was able to pull out the book and show him what a leprechaun looks like. I told him all about how they make shoes for fairies and they like to steal gold and keep theirs hidden. Then we made the trap, and put some gold coins down inside, so we can catch a leprechaun next Saturday and make him tell us where his gold is. Colin's reply was "YEA! Let's do it, that's a great plan!" LOL.



In other news we got new couches! I'm very excited about this for a couple of reasons. The main one being I couldn't sit on our old couch. For whatever reason sitting on the couch would make my sciatic nerve freak all out and my back and legs hurt. I didn't realize the couch was the problem until we went on Christmas vacation in December. My back didn't bother me at all the whole time I was gone, so when I came back I knew that the pain had to be caused by either my bed, something I do at work, or the couch. Well I wasn't about to give up sleeping in my bed, and I had to go to work, so I just stayed off the couch for a week to see if the pain was related to that. Sure enough, no pain. So I sat on the couch a few nights to be sure and discovered that was the problem. The other reason I am very excited about a new couch is because it is leather. YAY! People buy you all kinds of crap when you have a baby and get pregnant, and the one thing no one buys you that every new mom needs is a leather couch. The poor couch gets hit with everything from drinks, to food, and snot, vomit, pee, etc... Never again will I have to strip the cover off a couch cushion to wash it and then spend 45 minutes in a wrestling match trying to get the damned thing back on. And I will die a happier woman because of it too! Ahh the little things in life! LOL
Ain't they purty???

No comments:

Post a Comment