Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ostermarkt and Zoo

Osternmarkt and Zoo

Today we went to our first Ostermarkt (Easter market). Easter markets aren't as popular as Christmas markets and not as many cities and villages have them, but some do and we finally made it out to one. Sankt Wendel is a town not too far from where we live and they are known for their wonderful Christmas and Easter market. It was pretty neat and fun for Colin. They had a whole kid area where the kids could catch bubbles from the bubble machine, do Easter arts and crafts, listen to a story teller, or even learn to shoot a bow and arrow. Throughout the market they had little booths set up with displays of wooden carved rabbits in different scenes. They were cute and Colin liked looking at them. We had a nice time and the weather was fantastic, it was sunny and 60! It felt like summertime!

After the Easter market we headed to the Neunkirchen Zoo, which is one we have not been to before. I was a decent little zoo, it wasn't crowded and we had a good time. We found ourselves at the elephant area right as they were feeding the elephants and inviting people up to pet them. Colin was NOT touching that elephant and we tried and tried to get him to pet the elephant trunk but he was not going to do it. Finally I gave up trying to make him do it so I could get a picture and decided to feed and pet the elephant myself and right then the darn zookeeper finished off the bucket of carrots and started to shoo the people out of the area. I didn't get to pet the elephant and I was a little disappointed about that. I can't believe Colin was afraid of the elephant, silly boy. It was a fun day in the sun and Colin should be good and worn out tonight, I hope. He's been springing out of bed at 6 AM every morning on his own lately. Tonight we spring forward here in Germany, so I'm already losing an hour of sleep, I need the child to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment