Friday, February 21, 2014

Annual Awards Banquet


While in Germany we learned that Shelby had won Senior Non Commissioned Officer of the year for his squadron and would need to attend the annual awards banquet for the wing to find out if he won at the wing level. Thankfully we were still in Germany so I could shop for a dress there instead of on our island, it was already too late to order anything in the mail or have something custom made by the tailor. The banquet was to be held exactly one month after I had given birth, which is not very much time to get my pre-baby body back at all! Then I had to dress shop at a mere 10 days postpartum if I was going to buy a dress there in Germany. Yikes! Talk about nervous. I did find the perfect dress though and it was really nice to get dressed up and go out. The banquet was fun and when Shelby won out and took home the wing award it topped off the evening. He works so hard and it's great to see he's recognized and appreciated for all that he does. Congratulations Shel! You deserve it!



No comments:

Post a Comment