Sunday, February 23, 2014

One Month Old


It's hard to believe the little guy is already a month old. He didn't have an official well baby check at one month, but he did get weighed and he weighs in at 10.2 pounds now. He loves to eat (no surprise), he's sleeping better with usually just one wake-up in the night, and he's so strong. He loves to sit or be held upright so he can look around. He prefers the bouncy seat to the swing right now and loves to sit and look out the glass back doors or at the ceiling fan. He's still very gassy and is plagued by some acid reflux, but it does not cause him to spit up or vomit, thank goodness! He's got terrible baby acne on his face, chest and back, but the doctor is not concerned and says he'll grow out of it. I told Caleb to just rock those pimples proudly, it's the one time in his life where the chicks will still swoon over him with a face full of pimples! Embrace it!


Because I'm obsessed with cute little baby feet!



He's a pretty happy little guy most of the time, as long as he is being held. He LOVES to be in someone's arms. All. The. Time. It makes it difficult for me to get much done, but I don't mind. He'll only be this sweet and snuggly for a short time, so I'll hold him all I can. When I can't hold him, or when I just really NEED to take a shower or clean something to maintain my sanity, I have Odilia come help and she is always more than willing to hold Caleb. He's like a little piece of heaven for her to sit around and hold, I'm pretty sure I've given her her dream job by paying her to rock and hold my baby! LOL

He looks JUST like his big brother. It's the first thing everyone says, it really is crazy how similar they are. Here is a comparison of Colin and Caleb...

Here he is wearing his traditional Azorean bib. It was a gift from my wonderful cleaning lady, she always gets me great traditional island stuff, I love it! She bought it from a shop in Angra that makes them by hand. The locals here only put them on the baby for special occasions such as doctor visits or church functions. I think I want to frame it for his wall once he wears it for a special occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment