Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Fall Y'all!

For the last 5 years we have made it to the pumpkin festival in a little village in Germany right near where our house was. Even for the two years we lived in the Azores we still managed to make it back to Germany at the right time to visit the festival. Colin grew up going there and having his pictures taken among the thousands of pumpkins and gourds. I'm sad Caleb won't get that experience here on Guam. There just aren't pumpkin patches here in our 90 degree, humid weather. So, I improvised! I was that mom, the one that plopped her kid down in the middle of the grocery store pumpkin display and acted like an idiot trying to make him stop eating the hay and smile. It worked, I got a smile, but I really missed the pumpkin soup and wine I would have had at the festival.



No comments:

Post a Comment