Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bike Ride

Bike ride


Today we went on a 20 mile bike ride! I haven't been on a bike in a loooooong time so I was a little nervous about this but it went way better than I expected. My butt didn't approve at all and punished me the next day when ever I tried to sit down. (Good thing we went hiking and sightseeing the next day and I didn't have to do too much sitting!) We went to the bike shop in Gunsan city Friday night to find a baby seat to attach to Shelby's bike so that Colin could ride too. Knowing how much fun he has in the shopping cart I knew the bike seat would be a big hit. Shelby's bike looks pretty funny out in the bike rack with a baby seat on it. I am sure once we are out of here or when he goes to ride it to work one day he's going to get a lot of crap over that one! LOL

We rode out to the beach where there is a big seawall, windmills and an observation tower. Once we left base we headed through several rice paddies and farmland. It was cool to see them up close and watch the people working in the fields. Every so often we'd come to a stream or some water where people would be fishing. Eventually we got to the main roads and rode them for a while. Then just before the beach area we turned off onto a trail to cut to where we were heading. Out there were lots of giant pheasant birds. I was riding along and hit a bump and all of a sudden one flew right in front of me and up and away! Unfortunately I didn't see him sitting right on the side of the road until I scared him and he flew off. It was so cool! I have been on the lookout for pheasants ever since.

We ate lunch on the rocks near the beach and walked around exploring. There is an observation tower up there which we climbed up for a better view. When we were done we rode back a slightly different route than we took to get out there. It was neat to see and we had a good time. Anytime we came to a crosswalk where other Koreans were we had to wait while they oohed and aahed over Colin. They do love babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment