Thursday, March 26, 2009

Seoul/Osan Trip

Seoul Trip


Shelby got off work on Monday morning at 7am and we caught the 8am bus up to Osan to spend his days off up there. We arrived at Osan, got checked in and headed to Chili's for lunch. It was still early so we ran around the shopping area outside the main gate of Osan. I got a new "Coach" purse, a blanket, some luggage tags, and some gifts for other people. We ordered a new Tebow jersey for Colin since he will be outgrowing his current one soon. I stopped to get a manicure while Shelby took Colin out of the stroller to play for a while and give him a break. While we were there I noticed they had the Dr. Fish treatment tank. It is where you put your feet in the fish tank and the fish feast on your dead skin and when you are done your feet are soft and smooth. I thought it sounded kinda cool so while my nails dried I hopped in the fish tank and forked over my 4,000 Won to feed their fish. At first there was another girl with her feet in the tank so all the fish were kind of split between us. When she got out they all swarmed me though and that freaked me out! Too many fish on my feet, they were nibbling in between my toes and up my legs, it creeped me out! I was squirming around trying not to totally freak out feeling like little things were crawling all over me and somehow convinced Shelby this was fun and he needed to try it to. So he climbs in too and then the fish swarmed him, this left less for me which made me much more comfortable.

After the fish treatment and manicure we headed back on base for some dinner and rest. We got up early the next morning and hopped on the subway to take us into Seoul. We went to the Coex Mall, where the Coex Aquarium is located. It was nice to see Seoul again, it is such a HUGE city! The aquarium was good too. Colin had a great time watching all the fish swim around. He also really loved the fun mirrors they had in the kids area. He played with his image in the mirror for several minutes. We decided to take the train back to Osan instead of the subway so that was another first for me. It was pretty nice and a nice way to get around. If that is how I get to travel Europe I can definitely handle that!

The next morning we got up and headed back down to Kunsan so Shelby could make it to work by 3pm. It was a quick little trip but it's always fun to go up there and get out away for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment