Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Passing the time


I can't believe how fast the last month has gone. It surely doesn't feel like we've been here in Korea for a month already. This last week not too much exciting happened. Friday and Saturday night Shelby kept Colin and I went out to the hooch(like a bar, each squadron has their own) with some of the people I've met here. Shel had to work Saturday night so Colin went to work with him and slept in the tower. Sunday we got Colin a babysitter and went on another 20 mile bike ride. This time we rode into Gunsan city to the fish market. We bought about 2 kilos of jumbo shrimp and 2 huge flounder fish, all fresh right out of the water. We got the lady at the fish market to fillet the flounder for us since she looked to be much better at it than we are. We also bought some kabob meat from the commissary and had a big bar-b-q feast. I swear it was the best fish I have ever eaten!

The rest of the week Shelby has had to work during the day so Colin and I just hang out and I work on school work and play with him. We've gone out to eat a few times and to the bowling alley. Tonight we are going down to Eunpa Park in hopes that the cherry blossom trees are in bloom. They are SO close and I really don't want to miss it!

Colin is doing well, I can't believe he's 7 and a half months already. He's been eating like a little piglet. He loves his fruits. He has a serious hate for all green veggies though. Peas and green beans make him gag terribly. The pediatrician warned us about feeding him too many orange veggies in a row because his fair skin will turn orange. So far this hasn't happened but I am sure he's well on his way to looking like Ernie from Sesame Street if I don't find some green veggies that he won't spit back out at me. He cut one upper front tooth and the other looks like it will be working it's way through the gum within the next few days. He doesn't complain about it too much thankfully. He's learning to blow raspberries and was hooked on doing that the last two days. I think he's moved on from it though since I haven't heard him do it in a day or two.

Tomorrow we are heading up to Seoul to stay until Monday when I leave to head back to the States. We don't have any real plans up there just yet but there is no shortage of fun stuff to see and do in Seoul so I am sure we'll come up with something. We are staying at the Dragon Hill Lodge on Youngsan Army Base. It is right smack in the middle of Seoul compared to Osan, (base we usually go and stay at) which is more on the outskirts of Seoul. It should be a good time to end my trip with.

The pictures are of some paddle boats on the lake at Eunpa Park when we went to check the cherry blossom status last weekend. Then of course there is a little sleeping angel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment