Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a scare!

Colin found a way for us to get to leave the building this week afterall, in an ambulance! This morning he was rolling around and playing on the bed when I noticed he had poop diaper number two stinking up the room. I had just started to turn around to reach for a diaper and he rolled. He went right off the bed with me standing right next to him. He hit the floor (about a three foot fall) and landed flat on his back. The floor is HARD, concrete with that industrial office kind of carpet over it, NO padding. I freaked out and picked him up immediately before he had even realized what happened and had a chance to let out a scream. He wailed of course and scared the living crap out of me. I called Shelby at work and he suggested calling the ambulance to come just make sure he was ok. So that is what we did and Colin and I got to not only leave the room during exercise week, we got to ride in style too! The medics were all very excited to have a baby to play with and by this time Colin had turned on the charm and was acting perfectly fine. He was oohing and smiling and having a blast ripping up the paper over the bed. They said he was just fine and that babies are tough and he would be ok. I asked if I should be concerned about concussion or him napping and they said no. So we got to ride back to the dorms in the ambulance. When we got back it was time for Colin's lunch of fruit and I sat him down to eat his applesauce and he must have been really worn out from all the excitement. He kept falling asleep with his little mouth open trying to eat. I was worried a little but the docs said he would be fine so I just let him fall asleep and have been watching him like a hawk while he naps. I'll give him a little Tylenol when he wakes up just in case he's sore from the fall. Poor little guy. He's getting too quick for his own good!

Update: He's been fine all the rest of the afternoon and evening. He has been a little fussier than usual but that I am fairly sure is due to the front upper tooth he has cutting through right this very moment. It wasn't through this morning so it's just come through today and he's been drooling gallons everywhere. He did cooperate happily for some pictures this evening and they turned out great. Click the picture to see the album.
Colin in Uniform

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Kris! How scary that must have been. I'm so glad that he's okay. I'm LOVING those pics!! They are my favorite set so far. He is so freakin cute in that big ol helmet! LOL!!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you stared a new blog. How sad that you lost the first one. Anyway, First that all I am glad to read that he is doing better and if this make you feel better when I was 3 years old I fall down from a second floor and hit my head on concret floor and here I am.
    All your pictures are fabulous, I bet Colin is loving the outdoors
    So glad that you guys are together again and enjoying of your little angel. He is a cutie pie for sure. Keep us upate please!

    ReplyDelete