Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tradition

Photobucket

I love Christmas. I love to bake, shop, decorate, wrap, sing the same songs over and over, eat the food, fight the crowds, share in the spirit and all things Christmas. Some people think it's a pain, but I side with Andy Williams (who, hands down sings it best) It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. I read on a friend's blog about Christmas traditions. She also struggled with infertility and her beautiful adopted son was born 5 days apart from Colin. It got me thinking about our traditions and wondering what other people do. So here are some of our traditions...

1. Tree and lights go up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

2. Each year everyone chooses an new ornament (I'm gonna need two trees soon if we keep this up!)

3. We drive around and look at lights on Christmas Eve.

4. We adopt angels off the Salvation Army Tree or a whole family in need.

5. I go shopping on Black Friday.

These are things we didn't do this year (because he is to young) but I want to start next year when Colin is older:

1. Leaving cookies and carrots out for Santa

2. An Advent calendar to countdown to Christmas. There are some amazing ones here in Germany in all different shapes and styles.

3. Opening one gift Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning.

4. The Elf on the Shelf (google if it you don't know what it is) because I'm all about an easy sell for a month's worth of good behavior!

What traditions do you have? Leave me some comments with how you celebrate and maybe I'll find a few more traditions to add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment