Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Trier

Trier Weihnachtsmarkt


Monday we took the family to Trier for the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) and to sightsee. Shelby and I have been there before but were excited for the Christmas market. The Christmas markets all have a huge Weihnachts pyramid and the one in Trier is huge and amazing. I'm sure they are all incredible, but this was the first one I'd ever seen so I was impressed. It rained a lot most of the day but we braved the wet and cold to make sure we saw all the important sites. We hit the Trier Cathedral, the Roman bath ruins, the colliseum, and the Christmas market. We bought all kinds of goodies and gifts and had some delicious fresh German gingerbread, which is called Lebkuchen here. The rain made it difficult to take pics but I did get a few to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment