Saturday, June 4, 2011

Didiland

Didiland

Today I took Colin to France to go to Didiland Park. Shel and I took Colin once last summer, but now that he is older it is much better for him. The park is geared towards little children and Colin could ride all but 2-3 of the rides out of everything at the park. The next door neighbors went too and brought their two boys, one 4 and the other almost a year old. Colin and the neighbor, Christian, are best buddies. They had a blast today riding stuff together and playing. I think Colin's favorite ride was a water ride where you can shoot water cannons at the other people on the ride. He also really liked an elephant ride (think Dumbo ride but you can push a button to make the elephants go up and down) and spent a looooooong time in the giant ball pit. One thing he wasn't too sure about was the log flume ride. I wasn't too sure of it either for him but he wanted to go (the first time around) and so did Christian. So we went on it and the drop part was a little scary, there is no bar to hold you in, you have to hold on to side rails yourself to keep yourself in the log and Colin is not quite that strong. I found myself holding him tightly with my legs and holding us both steady using the hand rails inside. It worked but it was a pretty good drop for him. He laughed and squealed on the way down and when we splashed at the bottom. When it was over Christian wanted to go again, Colin did not. LOL So we watched Christian and his dad go a couple more times before moving on to something else. Later in the day the boys both wanted to ride it again so we climbed in and off we went. Colin was good until we got to the climb up part and then I guess he remembered and all of a sudden he was scared and didn't want to go anymore. Too late now kiddo! Again he squealed and screamed and laughed as we splashed down. As we were floating back to the exit I asked him if it was fun and he said "yea." Then I asked if it was scary and he said "yea." Then he sat there for a minute and said "Colin little bit scary Mommy." LOL I guess we won't do that ride again for a while. Good thing there are plenty of others he loved. He was so tired in the car that he sacked out as soon as he emptied a juice box and a baggie of grapes. I wish I could have slept the hour and a half home, after opening and closing the park I was exhausted myself. I made the mistake of thinking the weather forecast would actually be accurate for a change and should have known better. It called for mostly cloudy skies so I opted against sunscreen for me, thinking I'd be ok if it was a little cloudy. Yea, it was clear blue skies and blazing sun all day. Ouch! Hoping it turns to tan tomorrow, at least I got rid of my short sleeve tan lines and traded them for tank top lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment