Thursday, June 28, 2012

We got wheels!

This morning we finally found a car to buy. As I've mentioned before it is slim pickings over here right now. Today we met an older couple to see the car they are selling. He's a civilian worker over here who is retiring and this was his wife's bomb. It is stick shift, but I figure if this little old lady can drive it around then surely I can too! It's a 1993 Nissan Micra. You American folk are scratching your heads right now wondering what that looks like, because surprisingly this car was never popular in the US. Except perhaps at the circus, where you may have seen one filled with two dozen clowns. :) Mine looks just like this, except white, and a little less shiny...
It's a tiny little thing, cute in it's own way. They are wildly popular here on the island and you can count a half dozen or more of them in any parking lot you visit. When I see it all I can think is "meep meep" because I imagine it makes this pitiful, puny honk. Shelby swears we are going to pimp my ride and make a joke out of it. He wants to put flame stickers on the side and who knows what else. I figure I should probably just learn to drive the damn thing before I go drawing any more attention to myself in it! The only drawback is that the couple was hoping to hold on to the car until July 12th, which we agreed to, but also let them know that we are very eager to get it home and if they are willing to part with it any sooner we'd be greatly appreciative and even pay more. We'll see what happens. Colin also got new wheels today, sort of. Shelby pulled the training wheels off his dino bike and started trying to teach him to ride. He had an attitude about it and didn't want to try. I can tell we are going to have issue with this boy when ever anything gets challenging, he just wants to give up. Shelby refused to let him quit and after just a couple runs up and down the road Colin had the hang of riding straight and was on his own with Shelby just following along to catch him if he fell and guide him through the turns. Here are some pictures from the bike rides...

No comments:

Post a Comment