Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Colin!

Colin's 1st Birthday


Hi everyone, it's me, Colin, here. Mom says I am still too young to blog but that's what she thinks, I am a whole year old today! Today was a great birthday, I've never had one before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I still know it was a good one. I woke mommy up extra early to make sure to get as many hours of birthday spoiling in as possible. I usually sleep til 8 or 9, but today I was up at 6:30! Mom made me a yummy birthday breakfast of cinnamon toast waffles and bananas. She even sang and danced a silly happy birthday song while she fixed it for me. I got to play for a little while after I ate and mommy got ready for work.

Soon we were on the road and mommy and me were learning our Deutsch. Mommy always listens to these German cd's in the car and talks to herself everywhere we go, I don't mind though because I'm learning German too. We finally got to Miss Christa's house and I said goodbye to mommy for a little while. I usually get upset when mommy or daddy leaves me, but I really like Miss Christa's house and I have lots of fun there so I am ok when they leave me at her house. Later in the day mommy came from work to pick me up and we drove to meet daddy and then went to a big indoor kid playground. It was awesome! There were so many things to taste and play with. I was a little scared at first of some things, but then mommy reminded me that I'm not a baby anymore and I'm a big boy now. I played in the ball pit and on the trampoline, mommy went down the slides with me and daddy took me inside this giant bouncy caterpillar and we crawled and crawled and finally came out the other side. There were some other kids my age there too that I played with.

I had a lot of fun but all that playtime wore me out and it was very hot in there with no air conditioning. We drove home and had another German lesson (I slept through this one...ssshhhhh...dont tell mommy!) and then walked down the road to get pizza for my birthday dinner. I had yummy pizza with salami, peas and carrots and fruit cocktail for my dinner. I threw most of my peas on the floor though, I knew I could get away with it being my birthday and all. I didn't have any cake today because my big monkey cake is coming for my party on Saturday, so today I got ice cream instead. I love ice cream but sometimes its too cold and I make funny faces when I eat it. Next it was bath time. I was really tired by now and thinking maybe waking mommy up so early wasn't such a good idea after all. I was even too tired to stay in the bath very long. Daddy climbed in and helped me get all cleaned up and then I got to open one of my birthday presents. Mommy said my presents are for my party but I could open this special one tonight. I had fun opening it and wanted to see what the paper tasted like but daddy kept taking it away too fast. Finally I discovered a book inside that was a happy birthday book. It was perfect for my bedtime story and usually mommy reads to me, but tonight I got dad to read it! I had a great birthday and I can't wait for my party on Saturday, mom is really excited so I know it's gonna be good! Well guys I am really tired now and it's way past my bedtime so goodnight everyone!

Love,
Colin

2 comments:

  1. Colin - You are an excellent blogger!!!Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin - I can't believe you are a year old already - Happy Birthday little man!

    ReplyDelete