Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday Pic Fix

Bee Sting and Dino Park


A little mid week pic fix and some last minute pics of my BABY. I really can't say that after tomorrow (though I am still calling him my baby regardless of his age). The other day he looked so cute in his red overalls playing in his ball pit with his hat on. It was scorching hot here that day so he had no shirt on underneath. He was kind of tired by the time I got around to taking the pictures so he isn't too smiley but he's still cute :)

Today was playgroup at the Dinosaur Garden Park. It is always so incredibly beautiful there. I dressed Colin up cute in hopes of getting some decent pics of him there but no luck. They were cutting the grass when we arrived and he was obsessed with the riding lawn mower. He would watch it go around and around and get all excited when it would come towards us and then whine and crawl after it when it went off the other direction. I couldnt get a decent shot of him for nothin so I gave up and decided to photograph less mobile subjects, like the flowers.

During lunch there were bees everywhere, I mean like swarms of bees but they were mainly after the food so we didn't worry about it too much. Well all of a sudden I look over at Colin and he has his arms up holding on to his sippy cup and there on the underside of his little forearm is a big ole welt and a stinger hanging out. The kid never made a peep and wasn't playing with it or anything! I have no idea how long it had been there so I calmly reached over and pulled it out and then anxiously waited to see if he was allergic to bees. This was his first bee sting so I didn't know how he'd react. He did fine, finished his juice and we went on our way.

After the park I had to go grocery shopping to buy all the food for Colin's birthday party on Saturday. We go into the commissary and I take Colin to the bathroom to change him. After we were done with the diaper changing I am strapping him into the cart (inside the store) and a bee comes flying towards Colin, lands on his ear lobe and stings him. I pulled out the second stinger for the day and this time he did cry a little. One of the managers brought me a bag of ice (which he had a ball sucking through the plastic all the way through the store) and a piece of onion for his sting. Apparently the Germans rub bee stings with onions and it's supposed to help. He only fussed for a short little minute and was back to smiling and flirting with everyone so either the onion thing works or I just have a little Rambo on my hands. He was pretty tired by this point so I had a pocket full of grapes to feed him all the way through the store. He tends to eat the grape part and spit out the peel, I am sure we left a nice grape peel trail through the commissary. LOL.

Poor kid got his first and second bee sting all in one day. At least I can cross bees off the possibly allergic to list. I'm sure I've mentioned it before that I have this ridiculous phobia of Colin being allergic to things. Mainly foods...I have known kids that are allergic to dairy, peanuts, wheat, chocolate and other various foods and it's been a fear of mine that my kid will be allergic to that stuff too and I will have to cook him special food and worry about him at school for the rest of his life. I mean seriously...how do you cook a wheat or dairy free dinner?? Not in my house! LOL

Anyway, happy day before your birthday monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment