Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Colin, My Colin.

Oh how you've changed since we brought you home a year ago. It seems like just yesterday we were "living" in the hospital, spending our days snuggling you, getting to know you putting up with the battery of needles and tests on your tiny little body. You depended on us for everything back then.



In the blink of an eye you've grown and become so independent. You know how to turn on and work all your favorite toys. You are taking your first steps on your own. You feed yourself and drink from your cup. You know how to help get you dressed by holding up your feet for socks and pushing your arms through your sleeves. When I give you the brush you comb your hair with it. You help us get you out of your car seat. You have the most serious conversations with us in your own words, what I wouldn't give to know just what you are trying to say. You know how to play games with us. I can see your little mind running 100 miles an hour when we show you something new as you try to figure it out and take it all in.



I love it when you give me hugs when I pick you up out of your crib in the morning. I love how you know just what silly face or noise to make when you are in trouble and I'm trying to discipline you. I love it when we play in your room and you crawl over to me every few minutes to lay your head in my lap and steal a quick snuggle before you bounce off to play with something else. I love how excited you get about your favorite foods. I love watching you interact with other kids. I love seeing you so proud of yourself when you've done something or figured something out. I love how you adore the dogs and they adore you back.



Everyday you do something to make your daddy and I crack up laughing. You are such a funny little boy and you make our days a little bit crazier and a lot more interesting. Each day we can't wait to see what you will learn or do to make us love you even more.

2 comments:

  1. oh kris! A really sweet note from Mommy! Our kids are priceless aren't they?
    It seem like yesterday i saw you pregnante at 4 months now Colin is a year old and walking. Time never stop and you are doing wonderful enjoying every minute of this little angel. I totally love how he talks at you, he truly is having a conversation with you so cute and so funny!
    God bless you and bless your family!

    ReplyDelete