Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday

*a one year molar broke the gum today, he hasn't been too fussy about it but I can sell you baby drool by the bucket full.

*I had not one, but two friends eat in my section at work today. I love knowing I have a good thirty minutes of customers who won't be rude, annoying, make a million special requests and then leave a buck fifty on the table for a tip, and that I actually like talking to. It makes the day so much better.

*I was so proud and impressed when my super smart little genius boy heard an airplane and immediately looked up to the sky pointing. This happened four times when we were in the yard playing today.

*Colin attempted to eat the grass, rocks, dirt, flowers, weeds, leaves, dog toys and apples that fell off the tree while playing in the yard today. I believe the only thing he didn't get a hold of was the dog poop, well, at least not to my knowledge. When does the "everything in the mouth stage end"? Please tell me soon!
He actually managed to hide a grape sized rock in his mouth for about 15 minutes. We had been inside that long after playing and I noticed it on the floor and freaked for a second because it looked like a little piece of poop. I can't handle the everything in the mouth stage AND the sticking the hands inside the diaper stage all at the same time. Once I saw it wasn't poop I was relieved and then I realized how long he'd been chewing on that rock...oye. I showed it to him and explained we don't eat rocks and he looked at me so serious, wrinkled his eyebrows and then shouted the most serious string of babble I've ever heard. I have no clue what he was saying but I'm pretty sure it was something like "I like to eat rocks and you can't stop me!"

*I'm afraid his day care sitters are going to start charging me extra to cover their food costs. Every time I pick Colin up I hear about how well he ate. Our regular sitter is moving so he's seeing a temporary one for a few weeks and I can't tell if she's annoyed or stunned with the amount of food this child eats at a meal.

*I forgot my Slimfast in the car so I couldn't drink it for lunch and had to go get a venti iced white chocolate mocha instead. Damn was I disappointed.

*I had to listen to my boss the Univ of Miami fan go on about the Gators only beating the Vols by 10 points on Saturday. It would be so nice if Miami were on our schedule this year so we could hand them the ass whoopin we should've given Tennessee and I could shut him up.

*Colin's new thing is being read to. I think he just likes sitting on my lap and being the center of attention for as long as he demands it. He's so cute when we read. I love it because not only are books cheaper than toys, I can actually go into the bookstore and only come out with what I went in to buy. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment