Thursday, June 4, 2015

If you give a kid a blackberry....

Caleb LOVES blueberries and raspberries. He can eat an entire package in one sitting if I'd let him. Which I don't because berries on this island are expensive and a $5-$7 package of berries just has to last at least two days. Period! Colin loves blackberries and when they had them in the store for the first time in ages I grabbed a package. Caleb was eating breakfast and had finished his toast, so it was time for fruit. I wasn't sure if he would like the blackberry, and since he has a tendency to throw anything unsuitable to the animals, I tested the waters with just one berry. I gave him one, he put it in his mouth, he took it out, he put it back in (which is usually a sign it's acceptable) and then I went to the back of the house to grab a laundry basket to get that started. When I came back, maybe 2 minutes later, this is what I found...

How is it even possible for ONE blackberry to make that much mess??? Clearly it was more fun and tasty. I think he got it everywhere BUT in his mouth. Never. Again. Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment