Thursday, June 18, 2015

The circus is in town!

Sometimes all I can do is sit back and laugh. Especially on a day like today when it isn't even 9 AM yet and my house is in a complete state of chaos. Colin and Caleb were playing in the living room when Caleb starts crying and I hear Colin trying to shush him and tell him he's ok. I enter the living room where Colin tells me Caleb just bumped his head on the carpeted floor. Then I see this golf ball trying to erupt from Caleb's head and I tell Colin he better start talking, NOW! I got a few versions of a story, but I think Colin was trying to have Caleb ride on his back when he fell off, on his head, and not on the carpet. I'm pretty sure only tile would make a lump like this.

While trying to soothe Caleb the cats are having wrestling matches on top of chairs, on top of my dining room table. Why are there chairs on top of my dining room table you ask? Because it's the only way I can keep the acrobatic toddler from dancing on the table every time I turn my back. 

 From there Colin comes storming out of his room with a suitcase full of stuffed animals and informs me he's "going to live outside for a few days."  Oh brother.
Me: "Did you pack bug spray?"
Colin: "No."
Me: "I hope the bugs don't eat you up too bad." "Did you pack any food?"
Colin: "No."
Me: "Hmmmm, I hope you are ok with eating the bugs before they eat you then." "What about something to sleep on?"
Colin: shakes his head.
Me: "Well I'm sure you'll chose an area free of animal poop and slugs." "Or maybe you should just live in our house and go unpack your things."
Colin: Slinks off to his room.

All this before 9 AM, seriously some days I feel like my house is one big circus!


No comments:

Post a Comment