Sunday, July 12, 2015

Back in the Saddle

I keep falling off the blogging wagon.

It's been ages since I've posted anything, life has completely gotten in the way. The blog is always there in the back of my mind, way down on the bottom of the to do list behind all the more pressing needs of every day life. It occurred to me the other day that yes, life goes on and has been going on and getting in the way, but it's those daily happenings that are the whole reason I write. I need to make time for this.

I was once a very talented and avid scrapbooker. I have elaborate and beautiful scrapbooks that tell the story of our life up to the point where children entered the picture. I had big lofty dreams of passing down beautiful scrapbooks to my children, chronicling their childhood so they may never forget where they came from. Then Colin was born. I soon realized keeping up with this hobby was not going to happen like I had planned it to. Colin is almost 7 and the poor kid's scrapbook stops short right after his birth and has been sitting untouched for over two years. Caleb doesn't even own a scrapbook at this time. I tuned to my blog as a way to write the stories and remember events to pass down to the boys. If I get time one day years from now to scrapbook, I can use the blog as a reference for telling their stories. In the mean time, this lets me get things down before the details slip my mind and they are gone. It also lets our families in on the happenings of our lives and is a way for us to include them across the miles.

So to help me get back in the habit of posting and sharing regularly I've decided to commit to posting daily for the next 30 days. It will likely be a mix of catching up on the events of the last three months I've been neglecting as well as current events. I really hope this helps me get back into the habit of posting regularly. Colin loves seeing old photos of when he was younger pop up on our tv screensaver, I can only imagine how excited he will be to hear all these stories one day. I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment