Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goody Box


Today Colin got another box of goodies from Iraq. In them was more klecha, which Colin promptly snuck off with telling me "for Colin Mommy, not yours!"


He also got a soccer jersey and shorts set for FC Barcelona. Shelby's friend in Iraq, Tammar, is a big FC Barcelona fan and sent Colin the outfit. FC Barcelona is a very good team and they currently hold the European Cup title...I'm sure Deutschland is not so fond of them as rivals.

Colin was excited to get his goodies and didn't take long to eat half a bag of klecha. He actually tried to take the bag into the bathtub with him. I had to explain that would ruin it and then it would not be any good to eat, he finally agreed to hand it over to me so he could bathe.


After his bath he was a wild man. Hopping around like a frog and making "ribbit" sounds. Trying to get his PJs on and teeth brushed was like trying to tame a stallion. After we managed to get him dressed he discovered his Mickey Mouse flashlight on the floor. I went to my room to get some stuff picked up and ready for the morning and he came into my room and demanded I follow him into his room. He proceeded to tell me to sit on the floor, then turned out the lights and closed the door so it was dark. He quietly tiptoed around the room shining the light on things and whispering to me what it was. Anytime I tried to talk or move he would hush me and shoo me back to my spot on the carpet, frantically whispering, "Mommy SHHHHHH, lion sleeping. Don't wake up lion Mommy!" He speaks of these invisible lions often, he is always telling me the lion is sleeping or the lion is hungry...I'm not exactly sure what the deal is, but thankfully they don't scare him into not wanting to sleep in his room at night. Crazy child is always good for a laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment