Sunday, May 29, 2011

Little Bit of Yard Work


Today Colin and I got out in the yard for a bit to do some long overdue weed pulling and mulching. Colin is not so good at helping me pull weeds, he much prefers to pull the heads off flowers. I usually tell him to pull the weeds in the yard and I pull the ones in the flower beds. Except that yesterday I mowed and all the weeds in the yard are now cut low, so I had to let him help in the flower bed. After watching him murder a few flowers I quickly redirected his attention to watering them and offered up a watering pail. He was content with that while I pulled the remaining weeds from the planter at warp speed.

Then it was time to mulch. I knew this would be right up Colin's alley and he would love throwing mulch around. He had a blast, he was so excited when I put on his gardening gloves and explained to him what we were doing. When I stopped to take a couple pictures he got VERY annoyed with me and shouted "NO cheese Mommy. Put cheese away NOW! We workin Mommy!" LOL. I quickly snapped one last picture and got back to work before I really upset the little tyrant.
Flower beds after new mulch



We also brought Rabbit outside for a while to enjoy his nice new cage. Colin and I put it together a couple weeks ago and Rabbit was in it once last weekend. I'd been waiting to put it out in the yard until I mowed so I didn't have to move it all over. Now that I've mowed, and because it refuses to rain here anymore, I should be good for several weeks with the house out in the grass and the exercise pen set up around it. Colin had fun playing with his bunny for a while too. After that we pulled some more weeds and while we were working there was a bird in a tree near us fussing like crazy. I'm pretty sure we must have been too close to her nest or something. Colin said to me "Mommy you hear dat birdy? He speakin Deutsch!" LOL Where does he come up with this stuff?


We spent the afternoon with the neighbors at Dschungelino (pronounced june-guh-lee-no) indoor playground. Colin and Christian had lots of fun running around and playing for several hours. Colin was exhausted when we got home and started with the tired meltdowns as soon as we got home before even getting out of the car. He calmed down once we got some dinner, tired and hungry was not a good combination. I'm so glad tomorrow is a holiday and we can sleep in again. So far Colin is two for two with sleeping in this weekend. I probably should not jinx myself by mentioning this on here, but I'm thinking after the long day he had it could be three in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment